Little Bighorn involve a battle near a small river which is known as the Little Bighorn River in Montana Territory. The battle rose due to the fact that the Indians felt that the intrusion made by the whites was too much and so they decided to retaliate. There was a formation of two groups, one which was led by Lieutenant Colonel George Armstrong Custer (1839-76) and it was against a band of Lakota Sioux and Cheyenne Warriors. There arose tension between the two groups and the US Army moved to confront them.
Little Bighorn is significant as it symbolizes the fight for freedom. It is the place where the Indians last armed effort to preserve their way of life was made. On June 25th and 26th of 1876, 263 soldiers including Lt. Col. George A. Custer and some attached personnel of the US Army, died fighting, after they underestimated the terrain that they were fighting against.
It is the place where a labor protest rally turned sour after someone maliciously threw a bomb to the police. The protest was done on 4th May 1886 in Chicago. The riots resulted in chaos since at least eight people died as a consequence of that violence. After that event, eight radical labor activists were convicted since they were said to have been connected with the bombing. The Haymarket riot was seen as a setback by the labor organizations in America. Although there were people who were convicted, the rest of the residents saw them as martyrs who sacrificed their freedoms for the peoples rights.
It was an attempt that was made by the peasant in China in an operation to drive away all the foreigners from China. The word Boxer is the brand name that the immigrants used to give the Chinese secret society. The secret society was known as the Yihequan (Righteous and Harmonious Fists). The uprising was done in 1900. The group practiced boxing since they believed that by doing so, they would not be susceptible to any threat. They had one significant object which was to destroy the dynasty and chase the westerners away since they were enjoying all the privileges that the Chinese people were supposed to enjoy. It was until 1898 when the Chinese government decided to enroll the Boxer group into the local militia, and, therefore, they changed their name from Yihequan to Yihetuan (Righteous and Harmonious Militia) which sounded more official.
Lincolns Plan for Reconstruction
The plan for reconstruction was done by Abraham Lincoln, the U.S 16th president. His proposal involved a ten plan for Reconstruction. He made this proposal in 1863. He was unfortunately assassinated by John Wilkes Booth in 1865. His plan included reunifying the North and South America, which was disrupted by the war. He made the attempt to start the plans after having significant victories at the battles of Gettysburg and Vicksburg in 1863.
He aimed at doing a reconstruction of the two nations by narrowing down to reconciliation. It was after that when he issued the Proclamation of Amnesty and Reconstruction. His idea was to persuade the Confederate soldiers to surrender and the war to end. The reconstruction was to incorporate the ten percent plan which would allow the southern state to join the Union under the condition that the 10 percent of the voters were to accept the oath of allegiance to the Union. Most of the moderate Republicans in Congress were in agreement with the idea since they all wanted the war to end.
Wounded Knee can be located on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, which can be found in Southwestern South Dakota. It was on this spot that the conflict involving the North American Indians and the representatives of the US government took place. The conflict was so intense to a point of causing 150 deaths of Americans. The Massacre happened in 1890 which was between the Federal troops and the Sioux. The Wounded Knee was occupied for 71 days by the American Indian Movement, and they protested on the reservations conditions.
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SuperbGrade website, please click below to request its removal:
- Slavery and Citizenship in the Age of Robin Blackburns - Informative Essay
- Global Food Crisis as the Consequence of Capitalism
- Occupational psychology benefits organisations by offering solutions to personnel issues. Majority of occupational psychologists get employed in the public sector, and their work is characterised by a lot of challenges when offering psychological assessment service at work. The decision of organisational psychologists depends on external factors, trends as well as workplace conditions instead of research findings. Moreover, Occupational psychologists have reported limitations when working the area of psychological analysis at the place of work due to the issues that arise when carrying out tests on employees. Problems affecting organisational psychologists have led to struggling situations when offering psychological testing of the workforce. Some of the issues that are likely to arise for industrial psychologists who work as psychological analysts are socio-cultural differences, ethical issues, changing work environment, resistance to change as well as inadequate skills and knowledge. As seen in the discussion of this essay, there is a need for outlining and describing issues that arise for occupational psychologists who particularly work in the area of psychological assessment of employees at workplace.
- The History of ISIS
- Arguments for and Against Americas Involvement in WWI
- Islamism and Its Relationship With Violent Activities in the Middle East
- Paper Example on Jim Crows Law