The George Washington community not only constitutes several ambitious students and many committed lecturers, but it is also a hub for new beginnings. The Universitys central location sets it apart from others regarding the variety of students one is likely to establish good relationships with. I believe am going to understand other people better by sharing with people from all corners of the country and the world. This is one way through which I know the George Washington community is going to prepare me to cope with all manner of challenges as a person and a professional. Also, the Universitys strategic location provides me with the needed motivation to thoroughly pursue my degree course because of the incomparable resources the institution possesses.
Another thing that excites me is the access the community offers to policymakers and opinion makers. Several high-ranking political leaders and scholars have established distinguished positions after finishing their University education at the George Washington University. This kind of exposure provides me with the belief that the institution offers quality skills and knowledge in my degree course which will provide me with the needed support to succeed in life. Most of the working offices within the community comprise leading government offices and international agencies. This kind of working environment will provide me with adequate internship and job opportunities. As a marketing student, I am happy to note that this kind of exposure comes along with added knowledge and opportunities to improve my career skills and ambitions. The annual events hosted by the University also encourage me in a special way since through them; I will get to meet and listen to the wisdom of learned and influential leaders and organizational directors in the marketing industry among other related sectors.
Besides the exposure to central politics, the community also offers access to cultural practices from all corners of the country. This benefit is greatly influenced by the wide range of students that come to pursue their higher education at the University. The John F. Kennedy Center for Performing Arts and the Smithsonian Institution are perfect examples of the kind of rare resources I am looking forward to familiarizing myself with. This kind of distractions will prove to be essential since I will have added activities to engage in. By joining the University, I am focused on being aware of the day-to-day issues that face our country and the world. The George Washington communitys proximity to world governing institutions such as the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank will aid in this. By visiting such organisations, I can learn the growing trends in the monetary and marketing industry.
The GW community also serves as a hub for visionary students who wish to come up with ideas that could improve the digital world. This kind of exposure encourages me to become part of the community behind the creation of something new and great. Having worked for humanitarian institutions in the country and outside the country, I also appreciate the communitys devotion to providing for the less privileged through community service. Such commitment creates a desire in me to be a part of the community that changes lives in the capital and places I have not been to yet. Having said this, I believe I can play a significant role in aiding the GW community to achieve its current and future objectives.
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SuperbGrade website, please click below to request its removal:
- Attendance of Priority Group Children in Early Childhood Services
- Juvenile Delinquency and Its Effects on Our School System and Communities
- Occupational psychology benefits organisations and helps them to solve some of the personnel issues likely to affect their performances. Occupational psychologists are faced with a lot of challenges in the course of their duty delivery; they are mainly involved in the assessment of the psychological well-being of the employees. Also, the effectiveness of their functions is influenced by organisation's external factors, trends and workplace conditions. In the course of their duty performance, they are challenged by issues that arise when carrying out tests on employees. Problems affecting organisational psychologists limit their effectiveness when offering psychological testing of the workforce. Some of the issues likely to arise to the psychological analysts are socio-cultural differences, ethical issues, changing work environment, resistance to change, and inadequate skills and knowledge. As seen in the discussion of this essay, there is a need for outlining and describing issues that arise for occupational psychologists who particularly work in the area of psychological assessment of employees at the workplace.
- Customer Driven Human Resource Management
- Health Issues in the US: Vegan Diet for the Massive Health Benefits
- Socio-Economic Impacts of the Recession
- Paper Example on Social and Political Development of African-Americans Since 1866