Case Study Sample on Evidence-Based Practice

2022-01-03 10:30:25
3 pages
584 words
Categories: 
University/College: 
Vanderbilt University
Type of paper: 
Case study
logo_disclaimer
This essay has been submitted by a student.
This is not an example of the work written by our professional essay writers.

Introduction

There are a number of interventions that have been proposed for autism spectrum disorder. Some of the interventions have proved to be more effective than others which include Evidence-Based Practice (EBPs). In the year 2002, the government signed the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 into law. The law was intended to ensure that each child had a fair, significant, and equal opportunity that enabled him or her to access quality education Simpson, (2005). To allow children with ASD to acquire education the PECS was applied to teach students with partial practical communication skills to commence communicative exchange and relations inside a social environment Children, (2008). The module employed the use of a sequence of pictures or icons. Since selecting a communication alternative system is common among teachers, the decision-making process can be used as a model. A model of three students will be used Juan, David, and Stephanie will be used to show teachers how they can utilize the use of decision-making activity and make an evidence-based decision.

If this sample essay on"Case Study Sample on Evidence-Based Practice" doesn’t help,
our writers will!

Sample Information

Case 1: Juan is a four-year-old boy suffering from ASD and is currently attending a preschool for children affected with disabilities. Juan has a full-time aide who is assigned to assist him all through the day. His way of communicating is by the use of gestures, pulling, crying, and hitting. Juan has limited speech and occasionally struggles to vocally utter one syllable. He is unable to differentiate multiple pictures and unable to match objects to pictures.

Case 2: Stephanie is a five-year-old girl with ASD and has been admitted to a public school. She spends about 60% of her day at the special resource class and the remaining 40% in general education. She has a part-time aide and receives 90 minutes of language and speech intervention and 30 minutes in occupational therapy. She does not use speech during communication but rather protest. Her motor skills are partially impaired and she is unable to imitate vocal actions.

Case 3: David is a seven-year-old boy suffering from ASD. He receives 45 minutes of speech intervention and 30 minutes of occupational treatment each day. He is unable to mimic motor or vocal responses.

Skill or Behavior Taught

Teachers acquired skills that would help them to become improved consumers of intervention methods to help students suffering from ASD and select suitability of various intervention options.

Intervention/ Strategy Information and Implementation

Question 1: the efficacy and likely results that align with a particular exercise, resulting in harmony with the wants of the learner? The process involves assessing the advantages of an approach, what it purports, or what the approach has accomplished with persons suffering from ASD.

Question 2: the associated risks with the practice? The question focuses on any negative outcome that is a result of the approach. What options should be included if a certain approach is selected and adopted?

Question 3: how will the method be evaluated? Consider the process and the procedures that can be employed in determining whether a particular method has the capability of producing desired and expected results.

Conclusion

Compared to other students with disabilities, children with ASD have poor prognoses. They are often victims of dubious interventions and strategies that are not efficient. As a result, they need to come up with more efficient and effective interventions and treatment efforts. The process of searching for effective treatment and intervention is a difficult one but will bring about new knowledge that is significant in the progress of ASD in children.

References

Children, C. f. (2008). Picture Exchange. Effective Inclusion Strategies, 3.

Simpson, R. L. (2005). Evidence-Based Practices and Students With Autism Spectrum.

notification
If you want discreet, top-grade help, order a custom paper from our experts.

If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SuperbGrade website, please click below to request its removal: