As a Senior Business Analyst, I am tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that planned projects are implemented. I am charged with the responsibility of conflict resolution, teamwork management, ensuring proper communication, and overseeing the completion of set projects. As such, I work with people from different departments within the organization. This has given me the opportunity to meet and work with different people within the organization. As such, I am in a position to understand the strengths and weaknesses of different employees in the company. In my position, I encounter different problems on a daily basis and I am charged with the responsibility of solving them so that our projects are not affected.
One very important factor in the job is to ensure that the team I am working with within any given project works together.
Communication Problem in Organization
Most recently, we had a problem where one member of the systems development department refused to cooperate with the rest of the team. The person in question refused to cooperate with his colleagues, citing personal issues with one of them. With a very important project at hand, the last thing the organization needed was a conflict in one of the most crucial departments. It was deemed vital to solving the conflict immediately for the work to continue.
Communication Problem Solving Strategies
I urgently called for a meeting of the entire department to know what was going on. I explained to them the situation at hand and gave people a chance to explain what was going on as well as offer a solution for the team. As it turned out, the cause of the conflict was some personal issue where the uncooperative person was owed money by one of his colleagues. With the correct information from the involved parties, the rest of the department was allowed to leave the meeting. Of course, the way forward was to ensure immediate payment of the debt.
However, the problem escalated when the debtor claimed that he never borrowed money. He insisted that the loaner did not have any proof of lending him the money hence he would not pay. The loaner (uncooperative employee), however, insisted that he had proof of the transaction between them. He produced photographs of him giving the money to his colleague. Apparently, he feared that this would happen and had asked another co-worker to capture the transaction. With such evidence in place, the debtor was forced to fulfill his end of the bargain.
Since then, employees were advised against taking personal issues to the office. Consequently, the organization introduced a no-interest-borrowing program for the employees to help solve any emergency financial needs. As the companys senior BA, I deemed it important to enlighten every employee in the organization on financial management and how to live a debt-free life. Since then, under my advisory and supervision, financial workshops and training seminars have been held to educate the employees on financial matters.
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SuperbGrade website, please click below to request its removal:
- OCBC Bank Management
- Occupational psychology benefits organisations by offering solutions to personnel issues. Majority of occupational psychologists get employed in the public sector, and their work is characterised by a lot of challenges when offering psychological assessment service at work. The decision of organisational psychologists depends on external factors, trends as well as workplace conditions instead of research findings. Moreover, Occupational psychologists have reported limitations when working the area of psychological analysis at the place of work due to the issues that arise when carrying out tests on employees. Problems affecting organisational psychologists have led to struggling situations when offering psychological testing of the workforce. Some of the issues that are likely to arise for industrial psychologists who work as psychological analysts are socio-cultural differences, ethical issues, changing work environment, resistance to change as well as inadequate skills and knowledge. As seen in the discussion of this essay, there is a need for outlining and describing issues that arise for occupational psychologists who particularly work in the area of psychological assessment of employees at workplace.
- Where the Willingness Is Great Difficulties Cannot Be Great
- Early Childhood Education
- Questions on Adolescence
- When People Are Faced With a Catastrophe
- Living Together Before Getting Marry