Sales can be increased using several strategies including knowing the target of the products offered, being persistent, giving free demonstrations, face to face dialogue with customers and so many others. Weekend being one of the most important days to many people as it is then that working people find time with their families and tend to go out with them, one of the activities done is going out shopping. Business people take that as an opportunity of marketing their products and making more sales. The above strategies can be put in place by business people in order to make that possible and in this case, the best decision entrepreneurs will make choosing discounts approach. Discounts should be given on weekends to target a large number of consumers that arrive in business premises.
Discounts help in increasing sales since giving discounts means reducing prices of some products or giving offers on some products. The approach does not only help in attracting the attention of customers but also has the potential to get consumers that would not have thought of buying to try the products and services offered (Cai, Bagchi, & Gauri, 2015). Many customers are attracted to businesses that offer such services. Discounting may not be a good strategy for making profits but helps entrepreneurs who want to get rid of their stock and that is why applying it on a weekend when there are many customers will help achieve that. Also, by giving discounts, people attracted to buy goods do not buy the discounted products alone but other products in the store. Usually, consumers will first look around at what is in store before purchasing and so they will end up buying many goods thus increasing sales.
In conclusion, it is true to say that discounting is the best approach of making weekend deals effectively because of its attraction nature. Many consumers are attracted by discounts and can be convinced to buy more goods from one business, therefore, increasing the sales of that particular business.
Aspect Yes/No Comments
1. The writers own position on the issues is clear. Yes The writer aims at making more sales and more profit
2. It is clear what the reasons are for the writers point of view. Yes The writer wants to make weekend deals more efficient using several ways mentioned above
3. The writers conclusion is clear and based on the evidence. Yes The writer has given an analysis of coupon box 2016
4. Reasons are presented in a logical order, as a line of reasoning. No Knowing the audience should be the first thing even before the business starts
5. The argument is well structured and easy to follow. No There is mixing of ideas
6. Reasons are clearly linked to one another and the conclusion. No From discounting, the writer gives timing as the next reason and then audience, and they are not linked to each other
7. All the text is relevant to the assignment (in this case, about whether stealing is always wrong). Yes Discounting reduces prices of goods and so consumers know that they are buying more with less money
8. The main reasons and key points stand out clearly to the reader. Yes The main issue being making deals more effective, the points were given are clear
9. The writer makes good use of other peoples research as supporting evidence to strengthen the argument. Yes That adds strength to the writer argument
10. Does the writer make a reasoned evaluation of other peoples views, especially those that contradict his or her point of view? No The writer does not tell much when giving other people views and stresses on his or her own
11. Does the writer provide references in the text when introducing other peoples ideas? No That means that no one can access those ideas by other people and no one even knows if they are true or false
12. Does the writer provide a list of references at the end of the essay? No Maybe the writer does not want the audience to ask so many questions after they have gone and read by themselves.
13. Had the writer successfully removed any non-essential descriptive writing? No The writer is not keen because the first paragraph has been repeated
14. Does the writing contain any inconsistencies? No The writer is focused on making deals effective and that is what is written in the whole text
15. Are the writers beliefs or self-interests unfairly distorting the argument? No The writer is trying to make people learn how to make deals effective and he or she concentrates so much on ways of making that possible
Authors position/theoretical position? The writer is a consultant to small businesses
Essential background information The writer has been writing in the past few years. She wrote for sites like Manta, Inman and others. She has also worked as marketing as a senior marketer.
Overall argument of hypothesis The hypothesis here is that discounting can make weekend deals more effective and there is some light of truth in it.
Conclusion Discounting enables entrepreneurs to achieve good deals at the end of the day because they attract consumers attention and they are convinced to buy many goods.
Supporting reasons 1.Discount lowers prices 5.Discounts can be given to customers who bring new customers
2.Offers are given on products 6.
3.After sale services are offered 7.
4.Discount can be given to people who buy in bulk 8.
Strengths of the line of reasoning and supporting evidence Audience play an important role when it comes to every business because businesses exist for them and this article focuses on them
Flaws in the argument and gaps or other weaknesses in the argument and supporting evidence The weakness in this argument is that the role of the entrepreneurs is not mentioned and they are the core players in the business. The argument has focused its effort on audience alone.
Cai, F., Bagchi, R., & Gauri, D. (2015). Boomerang Effects of Low Price Discounts: How Low Price Discounts Affect Purchase Propensity. Journal Of Consumer Research, 42(5), 804-816. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/jcr/ucv057
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SuperbGrade website, please click below to request its removal:
- Online Ads Are Better Than Billboard Ads - Controversial Essay Sample
- Persuading the Customers on the Example of Shark Tank
- Target Country: Costa Rica
- Discussion on Marketing and Strategies Goals
- Paper Example on Telephone Surveys
- Critical Thinking Essay Sample on How Online Shopping Will Enable Businesses to Achieve Their Objectives?
- Reception of Changes in the Society