The industrial revolution was a game changer in the clothing industry as it led to the production of custom-made clothing as well as the manufacture of different designs from various fabrics. Additionally, a change in the renaissance, both in art and society, were the beginning of the creation of varied designs of clothes (National Institute of Standards and Technology). Different classes in the society began to have different tastes and preferences. Specifically, the wealthy were interested in tailored clothing, which came from tailors with skills and a higher degree of creativity. The clothing styles changed from the more conservative to liberal fitting suits and dresses. The shifts in the clothing styles arising from Renaissance society led to the development in clothing creation as the tailors were more skilled and creative.
The advent of western clothing in the 17th century due to differences is social standings led to the increment of focus on the nature of clothes (National Institute of Standards and Technology). Specifically, designing and tailoring were taken more seriously as the wealthy would display their high social standing with the clothes that they wore. Additionally, the clothing designs were more complicated and involved a combination of a variety of fabrics. The crafters had immense skills, which enabled them to create clothes that were befitting of the required styles by the wealthy (Letaif). As such, clothing styles brought about by differences in social standings led to creativity and innovation of new clothing designs.
The increased application if computer technology has resulted in the creation of sophisticated styles of clothing which are based on the social classes of people. According to Kazanjian, Technology has immensely contributed to the development of clothing creations that had never been seen before. Each day, newer computer-aided design software are being created with the aim of creating new designs, which will match with the increasing demand for more multiple clothing styles. Specifically, the high rate of competition in the apparel industry has led to increasing creativity for the crafters and artists who aim to quench the demand for the new styles (Letaif).
3-D designs, which did not exist in the 17th century, have now dominated the clothing industry. It is now easier for fancy clothes and attires to be manufactured within a very short period. The increasing technological application in the apparel industry has led to a demand for decent styles different from those of the past (Kazanjian). Customized clothing are being printed with ease. Some of the individuals are even making custom-made clothes from the comfort of their homes. Customers are demanding their custom tailored clothes, which fit their body types as well as their tastes and preferences. Indeed, demand for clothing styles has led to the creation of different clothing designs for the customers.
In conclusion, the industrial revolution marked the start of the production of custom-made clothing. The revolution was responsible for the various classes of people in the society with the wealthy displaying their indifferent levels by the clothes that they wore. The demand for more complex styles led to increased creativity and innovation by the clothing tailors and crafters. The advent of technology and especially 3-D printing has resulted in the creation of custom-made clothing designs (Kazanjian). Cloth manufacture is now simple, and different designs are easier to make. Indeed, the renaissance of the society led to change in clothing designs, which in turn necessitated clothing creation.
Kazanjian, Anthony. Advancements in Modern Clothing. Written For Educational Purposes, 2017.
Letaif, Hedi. "Clothing over Time". Prezi.Com, 2013, https://prezi.com/mhuhqdzh7gtn/clothing-over-time/.
National Institute of Standards and Technology. Ready-Made Clothing. Standardization of Womens Clothing: Short History of Ready-Made Clothing. https://www.nist.gov/nist-museum
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SuperbGrade website, please click below to request its removal:
- Argumentative Essay Sample on Three Top Things I Would Like to Change About the World
- Concepts in the Modern Post-Colonial Studies
- A Nations Accomplishment: The High Dam Contextual Analysis Essay
- Essay Sample on Effect of Orientalism on Romantic Poetry
- Occupational psychology benefits organisations and helps them to solve some of the personnel issues likely to affect their performances. Occupational psychologists are faced with a lot of challenges in the course of their duty delivery; they are mainly involved in the assessment of the psychological well-being of the employees. Also, the effectiveness of their functions is influenced by organisation's external factors, trends and workplace conditions. In the course of their duty performance, they are challenged by the issues that arise when carrying out tests on employees. Problems affecting organisational psychologists limit their effectiveness when offering psychological testing of the workforce. Some of the issues likely to arise to the psychological analysts are socio-cultural differences, ethical issues, changing work environment, resistance to change, and inadequate skills and knowledge. As seen in the discussion of this essay, there is a need for outlining and describing issues that arise for occupational psychologists who particularly work in the area of psychological assessment of employees at the workplace.
- In His Steps by Charles Monroe Sheldon
- St Anselm of Canterbury: Ontological Argument for Gods Existence