1. How has pedophile crime flm helped in curbing justice problem?
According to Nicole Rafter there is need to call for the development of criminology by using the cultural representations of crime and criminal justice in supplementing and extension of the criminological knowledge (Holert, 2002). He therefore, makes use of the child sexual harassment in the film is a reflection of a famous criminology of the pedophile development. Accordingly, in the film the figure show the cultural space that interrogates the core criminological dilemmas concerning the nature and shape of justice. The film therefore bring out concepts through emotions in order to clearly bring out an understanding using child sexual abuse as a moral context.
2. How has the terminology 'she's white and she is hot, so she cant be guilty in the Female Criminality, Penal Spectatorship and White Protectionism' been applied in covering white female offenders?
Basing on the study, it is beyond doubts that the white female offenders have been gaining protection in the public space by taking the advantage of their race and also gender identity. This has been found out to be a true matter from comments posted on the mug shot images of the white female on the famous mug shot website. In regard to this, it has been found that the white women have been looked at a victims of circumstance therefore being eligible to redemption and empathy rather than being taken as criminals (G, 2008). As a result of the offer the privilege has been misused to a level where the privilege is overflowing to other white thus traversing boundaries of the whiteness by which criminality guards against spectatorship. This clearly reveal that penal spectatorship is just but another tool of white supremacy still operational in the Post-Civil Rights period of mass captivity.
3. What is the reason for calling the world a modern-day surveillance society?
The world is being referred to as a contemporary society as a result of the numerous expansion in the scholarly works. These kind of works are majorly founded on the social science and to be more specific the field of sociology and criminology. Although the work has been seen to be of no value in many ways, it tends to reiterate on the empirical research on the surveillance programs (Bennett & Jami, 2008).
3. How does seeing things: violence, voyeurism and camera of help in reduction of crime rate?
As a result of increased mediatized culture it has become a primary necessity that criminologists are supposed to come up in order to be able to understand the power of images. At this point, we look at the relationship between photography and criminology and has evolved over time in order to bring out a better understanding of how modern criminal subject is constructed and how archival practices are of importance.
4. What are effects of criminology of space?
Criminology has a very sporadic and wide unimpressive record of theoretical work as it involves questions of environment, space and landscape. According to (Hayward, 2004), criminology of space is associated with crime ecological dynamics and its control. However, the widening of criminology tends to obstruct the complexity and disorderliness of its dynamism (N, 1999). This therefore has led to a range of nonfigurative and sanitizing terms like crime hot spots, community safety, safer cities, and secure zones. In accordance to these expressions may have perceptible political currency and an immediate popular appeal, nonetheless, it has failed to capture the organic, experimental and fluid relations of the domains of crime.
BIBLIOGRAPHY Bennett, & Jami. (2008). Reel Life after Prison: Repression and Reform in Films about Release from Prison. Probation Journal, 55(4): 35368.
G, D.-H. (2008). Images in Spite of All: Four Photographs from Auschwitz. Chicago: University of Chicago Press. .
Holert, T. (2002). The Politics of Outside: Public Space, Surveillance and George Michael. . Cambridge: MIT Press.
N, T. (1999). ,``Steps to an ecology of place'', in Human Geography Today Eds D Massey. Cambridge: P Sarre.
If you are the original author of this essay and no longer wish to have it published on the SuperbGrade website, please click below to request its removal:
- The Evolution of Health Care Economics
- Principles and Practices of Management
- Agnews General and Mertons Strain Theories
- The Young Turks: From News to Entertainment
- The Copernican Revolution
- For All The Settlers Who Secretly Sing by Beth Cuthand
- Paper Example on Chemical Attacks
- Essay Sample on Role of Social Media in Global Politics
- Relevance of Communication in Averting Resistance
- Criminal Procedure
- Compare-and-Contrast Essay on Business Etiquette and Customs of Venezuela and America
- The Criminal Justice Systems and Issues of Schizophrenia